Quick Tips

Get Full Access

If winning were easy, everyone would do it. MaddenUniversity.com helps players with strategies, communities, and competition.  Football is a rough sport played by tough men.  May the Best Plan Win!

Join FREE Today!!!

Strategies

Sign up for MaddenUniversity.com to get FULL ACCESS to the best offensive, defensive, special teams, and game planning tips available online so you can light up the scoreboard like a pro.

Join FREE Today!!!

Communities

Sign up for MaddenUniversity.com for links to the best Madden communities on the net; complete with interviews and commentary about the issues Madden players face. 

Join FREE Today!!!

Competition

Join MaddenUniversity.com for the best in competition.  Stay up to date with tournaments in your area and sharpen your skills against the best players. 

Join FREE Today!!!

Featured Articles

Look for these articles and more...

images/articles/descrambling_qb.jpg

NFL News

Games End In Ties

Category: Game Planning 6 months ago

I just learned something I didn't know.  Online games can now end in a tie at the end of overtime!!!

In previous years, online games continued until someone scored.  That was directly contradictory to NFL rules regarding overtime periods concluded with the score still tied.  This year, EA has the overtime rules correctly instituted in the Madden game.

Had I known, I would have conducted my final drive of the game differently. 

I drove into scoring range an lined up for the final field goal...  Only to have my opponent encroach by hitting my holder before the snap.  Since is was 2nd and 3, I was awarded a first down with 0:02 seconds left.  Instead of lining up for a distant field goal, I thought I'd move the ball closer and kick a field goal from the center of the field.  I ran the ball.

Much to my dismay, the game ended with the score tied at 24... 

I suspect my opponent was already aware of the OT rule.  Just as I was about to kick the game winning FG, he offered a Friendly Quit - which I declined.  Then he encroaches, preying on my ignorance... 

Don't get caught in the same situation... 

Later

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • No replies found for this topic.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

Login

Football Quotes

"Lets face it, you have to have a slightly recessive gene that has a little something to do with the brain to go out on the football field and beat your head against other human beings on a daily basis." - Tim Green

Who's Online

We have 40 guests and 2 members online

• oleskoolhead
  • TNT713